You can only enter the SSC with a valid sports card. If requested by SSC employees, users of its facilities should be able to show that they are allowed to use those facilities at all times.
When using the SSC facilities, sports clothes are required. Concerning foot wear, please follow these rules:
* Shoes used indoor should be clean and not to be worn outside.
* The tennis courts and the hockey pitch can only be entered with proper footwear. This implies flat soles of special shoes for synthetic surfaces. Shoes with spikes or soccer shoes are not allowed.
* Shoes that stain (especially black soles) are not allowed.
* The dojo has to be entered barefooted or with specific footwear.
Fair play behaviour
All sports card holders have to behave fair, both on the pitch, in the hall, in the canteen and outside.
Participating in activities at the SSC is at your own risk. The SSC is not insured for injuries or damage to its users. Users of the SSC are highly recommended to insure themselves properly.
The SSC is not liable for theft, loss or damage of goods of its users. There are lockers to store you belongings.
In all SSC facilities there is a ban on smoking.
Eating and/or drinking is not allowed in the sporting facilities, nor the providing or selling of it. Eating and/or drinking is only allowed in the Sports Café.
In case of calamities follow immediately the instructions of our staff.
If you have finished exercising, please make sure you leave the facility clean and proper. Possible cleaning expenses will be charged to the user.
Valuable belongings can be stored in the lockers (€1,- , which you will get back after use). The user him/herself is responsible for the key. Using a locker is only allowed when using the SSC facilities. All lockers will be emptied when the SSC closes. The deposit then expires.
All bicycles and mopeds are to be parked inside the bicycle shelter.
More information can be found here: parking policy TU/e.
General guidelines Tennis
There are 11 tennis courts (artificial light) at the SSC. A sports card owner is able to rent a tennis racket and tennis balls at the reception. Sportswear and sports- or tennis shoes are required. You can book a tennis court online. with a maximum of one hour for a singles match and a maximum of one and a half hours for a double match. You are not allowed to use somebody else’s sports card to use a tennis court. Please leave the courts clean and proper after your match.
General guidelines Fitness
Fitness 1, 2 and 3 are always available for free use. For all the fitness areas we have the following rules:
* When you enter the fitness areas, please put your luggage in the racks. We advise you to store your valuables in the lockers. Only bring the sports card, a towel and maybe a bottle of water/sports drink to the fitness.
* Training is not allowed without a towel. Towels can be bought at the info desk for €2,50.
* Sporting clothes and clean indoor shoes are required.
* While training with the dumbbells, locks on the bars are required.
* Never use the bench press alone, make sure there is someone else watching you.
* Clean the machine with your towel after using it.
* It is highly recommended not to wear jewelry in the fitness.
* Phone calls and use of WhatsApp is not allowed.
* Always follow the instructions from SSC teachers or -employees.
* Put the dumbbells away when you have finished using them!